Tuesday, November 19, 2013

i {heart} sketches and Anything Goes at Kraftin' Kimmie!


Happy Tuesday! I am so thankful to be back home and in my craft room this afternoon! The drive into school this morning was NOT FUN...and it's still snowing and the wind has picked up. There are tow-advisory warnings out for our major highways and night schools are cancelling classes for tonight. Great day to stay in and get inky.....

Kraftin' Kimmie has issued an ANYTHING GOES challenge using one of her stamps so I decided to use this image that my daughter colored up a few days ago. I added the blue outline and ground color (and after this post went live and I was re-reading it, I realize I should have made it SNOW on the ground, not dirt...oh well - there's just no snow there yet ;) YEESH!! Sorry!) but she did the rest - I think I might be fighting her for my copic markers here shortly ;)


I went in search of a sketch to use for my card and came across this PERFECT one over at i {heart} sketches:


And here is the complete card:


On my way home this morning, I stopped at the mailbox (and trudged through knee-deep snow to get there) and I was so giddy to find a goodie package from Lil' Inker Designs - and I promptly used my new stitched squares dies on my image!! Love these!!

 I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Sassy Cheryl's Digi Stamps - Winter/Cold Weather
Creative Card Crew - Pearls

Thanks for stopping in today - I am off to get some housework done and then need to venture out again to pick up my daughter from her swim club - unless they cancel swimming today ;)

15 comments:

  1. What a FUN image!! And your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for joining us @ FTHS i {heart} sketches this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky trip to the mailbox. Where do you live to have all that snow? Your layout and DP are fabulous. Your daughter did a terrific job with the coloring. Thanks for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours you used and the your coloring is fab! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Card Crew

    Mei
    LTC DT
    CCC DT
    Anyone for Anya DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what fun! this is just adorable! I agree, the sketch is perfect to showcase this sassy little darling!
    your daughter did a wonderful job of bringing her to life with her coloring! She might just need her own set of copic markers :)
    thanks for playing along in our Sassy Cheryl challenge this week!
    hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute card! Love sweet image and your design is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card with us at Sassy Cheryl’s Winter cold challenge,
    hugs Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brrr! Just you mentioning the word snow made me shiver. :)
    But this card certainly warmed me up. It's precious, gorgeous and stunning all in one fair swoop! LOVE IT!
    Thanks for playing along in the WINTER/COLD weather challenge this past week with my Sassy Gals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lori!! Yikes! Knee-deep snow already? Brrrrrr! I'm glad we don't have snow yet here in Virginia! Plenty of time for that silliness! hehe! Your card may not have snow in it, but it sure looks cold! I love this little image...and such pretty colors and coloring! I'm so glad you've joined us for this fortnight's challenge at Sassy Cheryl's!! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is cool, great layout too...awesome image! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!! Great job with this cutie pie KK stamp and awesome take on that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your design, even if there's no snow. After all, we're still late fall, right? ;-) Thanks for playing with us at KKS :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! I LOVE the "leaves" on the ground :) Thanks for playing along with us at Kraftin Kimmie stamps! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lori! You made beautiful card. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation with us at Sassy Cheryl Winter/Cold Weather Challenge.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! Great take on the sketch, too! :) Thank you for sharing with us here at Sassy Cheryl's!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful card! Love this little cutie and the sketch is terrific!
    I'm so glad you joined us for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely colorful winter card. The little birds are just adorable. Thanks so much for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's Challenges. Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate each and every one - they make my day! :)