Tuesday, March 16, 2010

SPCC #39 and Mercy Sketch

Good morning!! Sounds like today is going to be another BEEEYYOUTIFUL day here in central Alberta with temps around the +14C mark! Wowzers! Spring is definitely in the air lately....

This morning was another early start :o) DH left around 5:30 so I got up and got the good 'ol coffee pot crankin' and my mouse was clickin' looking for more challenges. And boy oh boy, did I find some!

Mercy over at Lord Have Mercy has a FANTASTIC sketch challenge up for ya this week:


The Divas over at Scrapmaster's Paradise came up with a very bright and interesting color challenge this week:

...and, without further adieu, here is my creation:

I really am scared to admit this openly on my blog, but ...... I am *really* starting to think that early, early mornings are MY TIME to create! LOL...I guess I need to set my alarm and get up early EVERY DAY hey?! I totally *heart* how this card just fell together so quickly!
Stamps: Vintage Vogue; Paper: Razzleberry, Summer Sun, Cameo Coral, Whisper White; Ink: Summer Sun, Razzleberry; Accessories: Perfect Dots embossing folder, nesties, sponge dauber, paper piercer, dimensionals, butterfly punch, pearls
I am off to start the washing machine, get some chocolate chip muffins started and then the kids will be ready to start school. Today is gym day for me - lookin' forward to it - haven't been there since last week :o( Bad me..and let me tell ya, doesn't take long to "feel the absence."
I will be back later on tonight - DH is gone for a few days down south on a job, so I am looking at the awesome color challenge that Megan over at Picture Perfect Creations has up for us this week:


Take care - have a super Tuesday and happy CREATING!!! Enjoy the sunshine my PEEPS!


11 comments:

  1. Lori...I just love that stamped image. You rocked both challenges. LOVE IT!!! The DSP rocks!! I just might need to get that little stamp:) WTG, happy crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is FREAKIN' beyootiful, girlie! If I didn't love my sleep so much, I'd be right there with ya at 5:30 in the morning! LOL See ya later!gs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow nice sketch for you, and colors rock out, very nice...awesome...maybe mornings are your thing...cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love that sentiment, Lori! It's bold and really stands out - very nice card; colors are stellar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great use of the SPCC color challenge! Love your attention to detail!
    Robbyn - SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you did with the colors and with my new favorite stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, awesome job on Mercy's sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card Lori!! I really need to find me a butterfly punch!

    Deanne SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!!!
    I like the design, great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your crad! Just beautiful! Thanks for playing at SPCC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate each and every one - they make my day! :)