Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"Oh, what a day!!"

Happy HUMP Day *and* St. Patrick's Day!! I had such a wonderful day today. My good friend, Tamie, and I headed out to do a shopping excursion to Red Deer! We don't get these opportunities very often anymore so we jumped at the chance. We hit Scrapbooker's Paradise (yep, Laura, from Flourishes was working today!! however....all her gorgeous stamp sets were gone *sniff*), Costco, Chapters, Nutter's and Wal-Mart. It felt great to stock up on canned goods again (gotta love Costco). I came home, unloaded and unpacked (my kids did that part for me - thanks kids!!) and I put everything away in cupboards/freezers/fridge while I brewed myself a wonderful cup of coffee to have while crafting this afternoon.

I sat down this afternoon and took a look at some challenges I could do:

1. Picture Perfect Creations has a wonderful color challenge for us this week (and don't forget to hop on over and apply for her DT call! The deadline is approaching fast!!!)

2. The gals over at Diva Coffee Break Designs has a great sketch for us:

3. Crafty Creations Challenges wants us to use "Spots and Dots" on our cards - I used the swiss dots cuttlebug folder and there are dots on the frame....

4. Creative Card Crew's challenge this week is "Going Dotty" as well...yay!! :o)

........and here is my card combining all 4:

Stamps: Frames with a Flourish, Best Yet; Paper: Not Quite Navy, Lavendar Lace, Whisper White; Ink: Not Quite Navy and Lavendar Lace; Accessories: embossing folders, pearls, organza ribbon, dimensionals, nesties

I *just* realized that I forgot to put my watermark on my card....GEESH! LOL...oh well, I'm leaving it this time HEE HEE....I'm supposed to be preparing for my stamp club this weekend but I think I'll be back with another creation tonight first *wink* ta-ta for now!!

7 comments:

  1. another masterpiece...I like those colors on yours...very nicely done...gotta love those dots...amaaaaazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty nice card, PIC! Loverly work...can't wait to see what you do next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so soft and pretty
    great card!
    Really nice background and the layers are so Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Lori! I love that pretty frame!!
    I'm so glad you came to play with us @ Creative Card Crew!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card,so pretty and clean:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Lori!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations challenge.
    Magda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate each and every one - they make my day! :)