Monday, March 15, 2010

Another Monday installment....

Hello again! I had a super day today - the kids got a lot of school work done and I got some laundry tackled, went outside and enjoyed some wonderful sunshine while cleaning up the yard a bit, finished book #2 in my series I'm reading, crocheted on an unfinished project :) and made a yummy roast beef, potatoes and mixed veggies supper mmmmmmm!

Tonight I decided to sneak one more card in before I go sit and crochet for a while and then continue on the series with book #3! :o) I hopped on over to Debbie's first challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room - and awaiting me there was a wonderful inspirational color challenge of pink, red, brown and green. Sounded easy enough so I needed a sketch....I clicked over to 2 Sketches 4 You and found a very interesting sketch challenge for us - thanks Kazan!! Over at Pile it On, they wanted us to use pastels...so I already had Pretty in Pink picked out for one of my colors so that was good! Away I went and got to work....I used the wonderful Trendy Trees set for this card - I hope you like it!!



and here is my 5.25 x 5.25 card - I really enjoyed stamping these trees - it's a super versatile set with endless possibilities! They are so cute....
Thanks for stopping in tonight! I hope you had a fantabulous Monday full of creativity and smiles! See you tomorrow!

14 comments:

  1. This is a very cute card. I tried this sketch eariler...and I am still looking for a master piece to come of it. TFS. Congrat's on all of your accomplishments today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, look at you, chickie-poo! This is totally cute and I'm lovin' that Trendy Trees set. I'm also lovin' the paper piercing and the faux stitching...you were one busy girl today! Thanks for joining us over at TSTR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW ... what an adorable card!! Great job with the color challenge. Thank you for playing with us this week at THE SHABBY TEA ROOM! I hope you can come back again next week for an all new challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those trees, and all of the paper piercing. Perfect card! Thanks for playing with us over at The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Fabulous how you mixed the 2S4Y sketch and The Shabby Tea Room color challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card! Those trees are perfect. Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that houndstooth paper! And, of course, the trees...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card! I really like the stamped images, and the punched paper...great take on the 2S4Y sketch!

    I happened to combine the same challenge with the 2S4Y sketch as well! I suppose great minds think alike! ;-D

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lori, I keep bumping into you and your work at various blog challenges!! Love your very trendy trees and the paper piercing, that required some patience!! See you again soon!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you seem to be a super productive person. Maybe I need to take lessons because I'm not getting anything done but working and making cards - LOL!! Wonderful job of working all those challenges. Your card came out super. Love the image and those beautiful big pearls. Great job on the "pastel" challenge. So happy you could have some fun with us at Pile it On this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. those trees are just too adorable for words! Awesome take on the sketch - oh and you are welcome :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very, very cute card, Lori! I love that hounds-tooth background and the paper pierced corners. The stamped trees are beautiful, too. thanks for playing with us at The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate each and every one - they make my day! :)