Thursday, March 25, 2010

Color Throwdown #85

Good morning from a blustery, chilly central Alberta. The wind howled all night therefore, I did not get much sleep. Unfortunately, I do not sleep well when it's windy - not sure why, but that's the way it is. I got up with DH this morning to get a start on a card so that I wouldn't lose my MOJO later on! LOL...I hopped on over to The Color Throwdown to find a cheery, bright combo:


Then I clicked over at Inspirational Card Sketches to see what sketch I could use with those colors. As soon as I saw this sketch, I knew *exactly* what stamp I was using. Remember when I told you I won a $25 gift certificate to the Verve store? Well...the stamp I used on my card is one in a set that chose towards my $25! It's a lot of fun too!!!

Voila!! Here is my creation:

I totally love how the Baja looks sponged onto the stamped image. I'm sure glad that I kept my inks from last year's In Colors!
Well, I hope you have a fantastic Thursday today - I've got a Stamp-A-Stack class that I have to plan for so I am not sure I'll be back with another installment or not. Depends how the day goes - maybe, just *maybe* I can sneak a nap in later?!? Probably not with schooling the kids, but one never knows! Take care!
Happy stamping!

8 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS STAMP! You rocked the challenges chickie! Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tamie...love it....way to go Lori...you are so talented. Very awesome you are...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought too was that the blue ink looks awesome sponged on the oval! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us for the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love it!!! PS: I have blog candy giveaway at my blog, come check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I am glad you kept your Baja too! I will be sad when all my cardstock is gone....I am hoarding it carefully! Thanks for playing the CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great work, I love your blog. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would make any lucky couple happy as pie to recieve this card as a wedding greeting. So very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Thank you so much for joining us at ICS this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate each and every one - they make my day! :)