Sunday, November 3, 2013

More Snow-Day Fun!


 Welcome back to my blog! I am back inside from a couple hours of blowing snow, helping DH get the tractor going so he could plow out our yard and driveways and helping the kids with shoveling snow off the deck. It's so heavy!! There are places in our yard and by the shop/barn where it's up to my thighs! :O CRAZY!! There is no school tomorrow due to bad roads, so the kids and I don't have to go anywhere (yay, a snow day!!) but he's leaving for work and I'm thankful it's done while he was home!


I came across this very cool sketch from Retro Sketches and decided to rotate it clockwise to suit my image: from Birdie Brown (who, by the way, is closing her digital store at the end of November - so rush over and grab your digi's before it's too late!):


Here's a close up of the cute image:


And here is my card - I decided to make a 5.5 x 5.5" card for this challenge:


I added some stickles glitter to the pom-pom and rim of his hat, added some rhinestones and a large dew drop on the snowflake bunches!! Very fun!! Totally in love with this new paper pack from Echo Park called 'tis the Season :)

I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Color Me Creative - Dudes, Boys, Masculine
Allsorts Challenge Blog - Christmas Cheer
Crafty Calendar Challenge - All Things Christmas
One Crazy Stamper - November Christmas challenge
Doodle Pantry - Any Digi Goes
AUD Sentiments - Christmas sentiment
Cute Card Thursday - Sparkles
Christmas Card Challenges - Dimension

Thanks so much for stopping in this evening!  Check back tomorrow - I actually get a home day, so I'll be crafting AGAIN ;) CHEERS!!!




18 comments:

  1. So awesome friend, great colors...nice size...awesome job! Great snow day at home craft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori to one Canadian to another! So happy to see your card in our pool over at Doodle Pantry. Love your card and your take on the sketch is amazing. Love the clean crisp feeling of your card and the coloring is perfect. Checked out your Dad's organizers and I am really thinking about purchasing one from his Etsy store. They are amazing and would help to get inks and such out of containers and in view. Thanks for sharing about that on your blog. He does amazing work. Thanks again for playing along with us at Doodle Pantry Challenge # 40. Hugs Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that paper just might be on my Christmas List!! Too cute!! love how you colored up the image. Nicely done.
    Thanks for playing in Doodle Pantry Challenge #40!
    Kathy D (DP Guest DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori - yes, the snow was crazy this weekend! I'm just 'down the road' from you, west of Calgary, and we had the big fall as well! At least the sun was shining today! Your card is absolutely delightful! Fun, festive, darling - and your colouring: simply awesome!! I'm calling winner on this one!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card! And the image is super! I should by it before the shop closes...
    Thanks for joining us at Christmas card Challenges this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply so sweet! Love that image, he looks so happy and joyful. Great coloring and layout. Thank you so much for entering the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 40!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love IT!!! Great colors and beautiful graphic :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable image, I love the rhinestones on the ornament! Thanks for joining us at DPDC#40!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet image and beautiful coloring! I love the layers! Thank you so much for entering the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 40!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fun card, super image. Love the colors you chose. Glad you joined us at Color Me Creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute, fun card! Love the snow family! Thank you for joining Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun and festive card! Super cute. And how fun to already have snow!! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Doodle Pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card and a cute image!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar this month for our Christmas Challenge!
    Hugs Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. From one fellow Albertan to another, welcome to snowville - I am in Airdrie and they are forecasting more of the white stuff this weekend as well - that will be four weekends in a row!!! Your card is so adorable and I simple love your coloring! Thanks for playing with us at One Crazy Stamper and good luck in the monthly challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our Doodle Pantry Challenge #40!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    Hugs
    Lorianna DPDT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for playing our Christmas challenge at One Crazy Stamper, lovely job! I get to comment twice, fun!
    Leanne DT@OCS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great card with a fab image! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calender this time & good luck!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate each and every one - they make my day! :)