Saturday, March 6, 2010

Verve-a-liciousness.....

Happy Saturday to all my crafting PEEPS in blogland....I've had such an awesome Saturday so far! My Dad is here visiting until tomorrow, so he came with me to town as I delivered Calvin to a friends house and we had lunch together....the sunshine and warm temp's today were so nice!! I still cannot believe that BOTH KIDS ARE AT FRIENDS HOUSES UNTIL TOMORROW SOMETIME!!! YAY ME!! Now, please don't get me wrong - I love my kidlets to bits, but since I started homeschooling them in September, I haven't had a day that they've both been gone to friends' places. One has been home. LOL...

I really relish my ME time and today was a good chunk! DH and Dad were playing a couple games of crib, so I got right down to work with a couple challenges from Verve. They had an unbelieveable SPRING FLING and unveiled some wickedly-cool stamp sets. Be sure to CLICK HERE and check 'em out...I am still trying to decide which ones to get...decisions, decisions!!!

1. I decided to use the color and sketch challenges from the Verve blog hop....
2. This card also qualifies for the Crazy 4 Challenges theme of "paper piercing".....
3. Over at Saturday Spotlight, their theme this week is "friendship" and to me, this card would be one I would give to a special friend ...


..and this is the card I made:

I dug out some of my old Kiwi Kiss to use for the green in the color challenge. Good thing I've "hoarded" some of that old stuff hey?!? I really like this saying from Oprah and I hope you all will kick off your shoes and dance.....

I am gonna go and make myself a LARGE mug of chai tea, and play some Scrabble with my DH and Dad....until tomorrow - g'night!!!

15 comments:

  1. Wow good for you, glad you've had a nice day, and beautiful card, can't wait to see what tomorrow brings...have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! Love the pearls and the border punch. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful!! Love what you've done here!! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight! Hope to see you again next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!! I absolutely LOVE this!! the pretty colors and the beautiful sentiment! Thanks for sharing it with us at Saturday Spotlight!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful PIC! I love the sentiment, too - makes me smile. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colors and pearl accents. Great job with the Verve spring fling challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally FAB card girlie. The DSP paper and the layout just match and the sentiment is marvelous!!! You rocked out all of the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Love all those pearls! Fantastic job with the sketch, and thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, all those pearls are just stunning. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool sketch,I love all the yellow!!
    What an awesome take on the Saturday Spotlight Challenge! Thanks for playing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous!! Love how you worked these colors and the sketch!! And those pearls are fabulous!! Congrats on your win!! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a wounderful card. Lv it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is beautiful Lori!
    I love the fresh, clean look!
    Thank you for playing with us at Sat. Spotlight!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate each and every one - they make my day! :)