Friday, March 5, 2010

Springtime Viva la Verve....

Happy Friday crafting PEEPS! Today is sure bright and sunny here in central Alberta...not too sure what the temp's are outside, but it sure looks lovely out there!

My wonderful, talented crafting PEEP, Tamie, posted an online challenge on her blog late last night for me to create a card today....well, I met that challenge - and then some. I made TWO! LOL...I used the same color combo for both cards, but used different sketches....stay tuned for the 2nd post :o)

Today has been a bit "tense" around the house as the kids are doing their school work, but don't really want to be. Their other friends all have a day off of school, but since mine are homeschooled, they don't. I *usually* let them have the same days off as their friends, but they are a bit behind in their work and the school that they went to last year has SOOOO many P.D. days, that I can't afford to give my kids that much time off. Needless to say, my kids don't really WANT to do school today...LOL...can't say as I blame them...but, I did my schooling, it's their turn...right?! RIGHT!

Alright, onto my card.....like I said earlier..I used a very "spring-like" color combination from Just Add Ink and this card was made using the Viva la Verve sketch challenge for this week. Don't forget to hop on over to Verve today sometime and check out their BRAND NEW SETS that will be revealed today in their Spring Fling! A gal can never have too many Verve's! :)




...here is my "lucky ducky" card I created using the combo's:


I really like how this one came together. Isn't that PEEP PEEP cute?!
I am going to get my kids doing a bit more work, and then I'll come back and post my 2nd creation for the day....you all enjoy the sun-shiny Friday afternoon!!! HUGS!

9 comments:

  1. She is so cute, I can't make up my mind which one I like better...hummm can't do it...like them...cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, What a stunning little card. I love it. Can't wait until we get the big shot here in Australia and can do all that embossing stuff.
    Cheers
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lori thanks for playing the challenge. You sure out did yourself with two very cute cards. Both these Quackers Rock! Super FAB job girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lv IT. You did a great job on this card.You are rooking these days Lv it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, this is so cute! The colours work beautifully with the layout. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet!! Love the combination of the sketch and colour challenge. Thanks for joining in at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Lori and thanks for joining in at JAI challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate each and every one - they make my day! :)