Monday, March 8, 2010

A Productive Monday morning...

Good morning crafting world! It's extremely windy here in central Alberta today, but the sunshine is so nice. I enjoyed a couple quiet hours this morning before I got the kids up to start school and I scoped out some challenge blogs to see what I could create while Kim was doing her online classes. I came across the 2 Sketches 4 You challenge and the Scrapmaster's Paradise color challenge of Dusty Durango, Soft Suede and Bashful Blue. I immediately thought "male card" with those colors, but I dont' really think that is how my card turned out! LOL...Funny how your visions can change mid-way through creating hey?!

I got the kids started on their school work at 9, and I threw in some bun dough into the bread maker, started some laundry, cleaned out a wooden box of old books I've had stashed for 5 years, did the dishes up from breakfast, and in between all that, I made my card :o) A productive morning for this gal....yay!!

OK..here are the details....this sketch is from 2 Sketches 4 You

...and here is the awesome color challenge from Scrapmaster's Paradise:

...here's my card I made using both challenges:

Stamps: Vintage Labels; Paper: Dusty Durango, Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Soft Suede, Soft Suede DP, Dusty Durango DP; Ink: Dusty Durango, Soft Suede; Accessories: white brads, scallop circle punch, 1" circle punch, dimensionals, dots embossing folder, satin bashful ribbon
I hope you are all having a very enjoyable Monday so far...I'm off to make my kids some lunch (fresh buns with tuna salad - mmmmm!) and I will hopefully be back a bit later!! Happy craftin' :o)

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Thanks for playing at 2s4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! Thanks for joining us this week at 2S4Y! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is lovely! You did a great job with the SPCC colors. I love the texture - it adds so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, this is very nice Lori, great sketch/colors...cool beans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love it, you rocked the sketch AND the color challenge! Thanks for playing with us at SPCC!
    Robbyn SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty - I just love the simplicity and how clean it looks!

    Deanne SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card looks great!

    Emily-SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card!!
    I like the desing, great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely card! thanks for joining us at 2S4Y!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun card! Thanks for playing with 2S4Y!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card! Great job! Thanks for playing along at SPCC this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate each and every one - they make my day! :)