Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday morning mojo.....

Good Monday morning! It's chilly and WHITE again here in central Alberta. I woke up at 3 a.m. to a good howling wind and snow blowing like crazy...typical spring storm here :o) DH had to leave today for Lloydminster so I got up and got him out the door and sat down with a strong cup of java to scope out some challenges.....

I promptly went over to The Shabby Tea Room to see what they had in store for us this week and they want us to create a "spring-themed" card/creation.

I hopped over to see what sketch was at Mojo Monday and Sarah put up a very cool, interesting one this week! I love it!! Here it is: ..and I remembered this *challenging* color combo from Stacey over at Stacey's Stamping Stage and I knew i could come up with something "spring-ish" from that!!! RIGHT?!?

I must admit, I struggled with the color placement with those colors. I took the yellow out, put the yellow in....took the red out, put the red in, took the polka dots out, put them in....LOL...I *think* I did ok with all of the challenges this morning - I really enjoy the final card....hope you do too!

Voila! There she be....

Stamps: Circle Circus, Well Scripted; Paper: Basic Black, Real Red, Pink Passion, Whisper White, Night and Day DP; Ink: Pixie Pink, Yo-Yo Yellow, Basic Black, Real Red; Accessories: Real Red satin ribbon, button, hemp twine, sponge dauber, pearls, nesties

Alright...well, I decided to give the kids the rest of the day off of school today - Tamie's kids are home today from a Professional Development Day, so we're gonna head up there and have a visit and some supper! Yay!! The kids are so pumped! :o) I will be back later on tonight - I have a special birthday card I need to make for a customer, so until then, happy craftin'!! :)

17 comments:

  1. Love those dots! Thanks for playing along with us this week at THE SHABBY TEA ROOM! I hope you can come back next Monday for a new challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the font on that sentiment stamp...it is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at the curtain call this week!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. The DOTS Lori are awesome, I might have to look into some. I really love your layout with the colors. Looks beautiful!!! Another winner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Great card for all 3 challenges. Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome way to incorporate all three challenges. Nice way to feature that stamp set - I may have to CASE this card since I think I have only used that set once!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did great with all those challenges! I think I would struggle a bit with all those bold colors, but you did great. Lovely job! Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beyootiful card, girlie! That Circle Circus set looks better every time I see it! Hope you are enjoying your time at Tamie's - thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call AND the Shabby Tea Room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty card, Lori! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, you rocked it...very nice...cool challenge with those colors and sketch..fun stuff...good job, have fun with Tamie!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you just LOVE Circle Circus?! Great bold colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a fun card. It's so pretty and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fun and happy card, you have included one of my favourite elements- dots!! thanks for playing along with us this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card...I love how the colors pop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful combination of challenges. I tried that sketch and just couldn't get it to work. Thanks for playing along with the Curtain Call this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate each and every one - they make my day! :)