Monday, March 22, 2010

Late night birthday CASE....

Hello again! The kids and I had such a relaxing, fun day with Tamie and her kids...they all played very well together and we got quite a bit of blog surfin' and crocheting done :o) Tamie showed me a few "tips and tricks" and I showed her a few "tips and tricks" and we were "ooohhhh'n and ahhhh'n" over a lot of gorgeous blogs and all the wonderful talent out there in crafting blogland!

A friend of mine requested a "special" birthday card for the love of his life and she is totally a horse lover, so I *knew* exactly which card I wanted to attempt to make. It was one that Tamie had done for her son's 13th birthday back in January. So while I was at her house today I asked her if I could totally CASE the card and she didn't mind at all. Click HERE to see Tamie's original. I did a bit of masking on the horses so that I could add some trees in the background, moved my sentiment and added some ribbon and a bow. I hope he likes it. I have loved this card since I saw Tamie's creation and I've wanted to make some ever since. This gave me a great excuse!

The gals over at Totally Stampalicious have a challenge out this week to use ribbons and polka dots - so I guess this card qualifies!! Yay!

Stamps: Bareback, Lovely as a Tree, Well Scripted; Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Night and Day DP; Ink: Always Artichoke, Versafine Black; Accessories: top note die, polka dot embossing folder, satin ribbon, dimensionals, button, linen thread, pearls

Let me know what you think! I sure appreciate all the wonderful comments! Hugs!

4 comments:

  1. Hey that is awesome...the special someone will love this for sure. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, we had a great day too!! :) This card looks awesome, I really like the changes you made to it. She is going to love it! I need to learn how to do masking...LOL. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is 'outta the park' GORGEOUS!!!!! What a stunning creation....FABULOUS scene!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card!! I love the hounds tooth print for the bg and that horse image will always be a favorite!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate each and every one - they make my day! :)