Thursday, January 26, 2017

4 CC #335 {Watercolor}

Happy "4 Crafty Chicks" Thursday! 

I am the challenge hostess over at 4 Crafty Chicks this week and I haven't done any watercoloring in YEARS .... so that is the challenge:

4 CC #335 {WATERCOLOR}


I decided to do something very CAS this go round as I haven't mucked with my watercolor pen for years....I absolutely LOVE the projects I see that are done in watercolor and I would love to dabble more in it so I am so excited to see the gallery fill up with ideas and inspiration!

I used my watercolor paper and water pen and used some re-inkers of Eggplant and Melon Mambo. Then, once it was dry, I stamped the sentiment from Reverse Confetti and added the 3 small pearls and left it CAS. I see now that I should have maybe moved my sentiment "up" a bit so that the "wishing you well" part was more visible. Here's a close up:


I am going to make sure I do more watercoloring in the future as I do find it very relaxing and fun....

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes
Country View Challenges - Anything Goes
Crafts Galore Encore - Anything Goes

I really hope you come play along with us Chicks! Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. This is just so beautiful. Love the gorgeous watercolour background you have created on your CAS card. Nice work.

    Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge


    ReplyDelete
  2. Wicked colors you picked, so pretty, love this challenge. Way to go! Hugs, L :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Lori! I love the ombre look and the black sentiment really pops!
    Thank you for joining in our challenge at Country View Challenges this month.
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple yet so pretty. I love it. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes January 2017 Challenge. Good luck!
    Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! The ombre colors are beautiful with the sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Wanda DT World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, such gorgeous colours! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts and have a great week. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate each and every one - they make my day! :)