Saturday, August 28, 2010

Late Night 3-in-1

Well, I said I'd be back and here I am! *wink* I have a confession to make....when I hopped on over to The Play Date Cafe and saw the color challenge for this week, I wrinkled up my nose and went to click to another challenge site! But...but....I *did* catch myself and said "self....you really should TRY this challenge as that is why these wonderful PEEPS make these for us - to CHALLENGE us" RIGHT???? ACK! This one was a challenge - took me a L-O-N-G time to come up with an image that I wanted to use....I {think} I did ok :)


I combined this *interesting* color combo with a sketch from Sketch Saturday since the main focal point was the same shape as my image (well...ok, ALMOST) lol.....


My card also qualifies for the following challenge:

Papertake Weekly Challenge: 3-2-1 challenge (I used 3 flowers, 2 DP papers and 1 ribbon)

here is my 5.25" x 5.25" card using all 3 challenges:



Stamps: Whos' That E-Girl (MFT); Paper: Whisper White, Night of Navy, More Mustard, Melon Mambo, Regals DP, Brights DP; Ink: Basic Black, Versafine Black; Accessories: Martha border punch, markers, white ribbon, crochet flowers, brads, pop up glue dots

Thanks for stopping in tonight - don't forget to play along with the Picture Perfect Creations and Scrapmaster's Color Challenges before tomorrow night! Take care and happy stamping!!

13 comments:

  1. Nicely done, I was in shock, when you said them colors. But you pulled it off totally...aweseome job. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad you changed your mind and decided to play! It is a strange colour combo, but I love it! It really works!! I will definately be using it again. You've done a great job, the colours works so well with your image! Lovely card! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, this week is a REAL challenge, and I'm so glad you came back to us to play along! You did a fab job, love the image, and the flowers in particular :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute card Lori! I wish I could make cards...but they never turn out like I want, so I'll just stick to scrapbooking and mini album making!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And, what is wrong with this??? Absolutely NOTHING!! This looks fabulous, Lori! LOVE the color combo and of course I always love these gals :-)

    Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - love the image and the sentiment - appropriate for blog hoppers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME CARD!!! Way to challenge yourself to the challenge. You Go Girl!!! I love the crocheted flowers you used too. It works really well and just love your image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous use of the colors! Love that image. Wonderful card. Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card - well done on the colours ;) I love the flowers too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the spirit with which you tackled this unlikely color combo! Your work is WONDERFUL - color skills, composition, precision! I love it! Thanks for sharing your mighty fine talent with the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just lovely, Lori! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful paper piecing, great job with this weeks challenge. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! I love the crochet flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate each and every one - they make my day! :)