Thursday, January 2, 2014

4CC #175 {Get Well} and a DT Call!


 Happy New Year!

Did you all survive the holidays, scrumptious food, drinks, lack of sleep and excitement!?!? I said goodbye to 2013 and welcomed 2014 in with some awesome friends and now I'm ready to start the year off with an awesome challenge and some exciting news of some changes :D

But first....a farewell...

The 4 Crafty Chicks is saying goodbye to miss Bonnie, as she is thoroughly enjoying her "sunny" semi-retirement down south. Enjoy, Bonnie - thank you so much for everything you've done for us while you've been in the COOP, and I wish you all the best in the future!! Thank you very much to our current Guest Designer, Tammy, for sticking around with us for the month of January to fill our "4 Crafty" spots :)

On that note, you guessed it - we are issuing our first ever DT Call - looking for a special CHICK to join the "henhouse." Leanne, Tamie and I are a group of crafty friends who love to issue challenges each week - so if you are interested in becoming a CHICK, please click HERE to read up on all the details!

We are also having a Guest Designer search blog hop this week. For this week's challenge, 4 CC #175 - GET WELL, brought to you by our one and only Leanne, please leave GDT after your name when you link up your project if you'd like to be considered for one month of Guest Designing with us Chicks (Feb, Mar or April)

For my card - I used a cute image called "Sick Chick" from From the Heart Stamps - perfect for Leanne's Get Well challenge this week and I used the last sketch from i {Heart} sketches as it fit my image just right!


Here is my card:


...and I even dressed up the inside:


I'd like to enter my card into One Crazy Stamper's January "Anything Goes" challenge....

Thanks so much for stopping in today! I hope you get a chance to sit and get crafty with us and don't forget our our Guest Designer call and Design Team call! Can't wait to see what you come up with for our Get Well challenge. Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute friend, I love the paper and the cute image is so fun! Great coloring and the flower is my fav. Awesome job...makes a get well card beautiful...way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little chick! Great take on the sketch & love the decorated inside too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is a cute patootie image! I love the way you designed your card with that sketch. I love it! Fabulous coloring too! Another hit!! You rocked the Get Well Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, not only do I think your image is just adorable, but I love how you incorporated the different patterns of DP. Fabulous card.
    So happy to be working with you for another month!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colour choices, they work well together. Thanks for playing along at OCS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate each and every one - they make my day! :)