Saturday, March 17, 2012

SP & Co. Sunday Inpsiration!

Welcome back to my blog! Today I am showcasing another wonderful SP & Co. stamp set using watercolors....

For my card, I used my watercolor paper from Stampin' Up! and inked up the flower and vase from the "For Every Woman" stamp set with Staz On ink. I used my watercolor pen and some reinkers to "color" my image in... 



Stamps: For Every Woman & Happy Mother's Day (single) (Sp & Co.); Paper: Watercolor paper, Early Espresso, Melon Mambo, Sweet Threads DP (Basic Grey); Ink: Staz On Black, Early Espresso; Accessories: Finial Press EF, watercolor pen, (re-inkers - Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Early Espresso, Pool Party, Old Olive), Early Espresso ribbon, scallop border punch, pearls, sponge dauber


I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Top Tip Tuesday - Mother's Day (my tip is: when watercoloring, let each layer dry a bit before you start coloring more - the paper needs to "absorb" the colors slowly)
Papertake Weekly - Mother's Day

Thanks for stopping by today - please take some time to hop on over to SP & Co. Stamps Blog and check out what other awesome stamping inspiration other Design Team members have in store for you today!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, love the colors and the image is awesome...great job Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, great tip on using your watercolour pen. Thanks for joining the Mother's Day/Buddy Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card "for the girls"! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great coloring job -- I love the watercolor effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS! love the image and colours and thanks for sharing a great tip too! Thanks for joining in with us at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this time, Hope you can come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creation! Love the water coloring :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate each and every one - they make my day! :)