Monday, May 23, 2011

PPC #59 - Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Monday! Did you have a good weekend? For us Canadians, it's a long weekend and a lot of people are out for the first camping session of the year. With all the out-of-control forest fires happening in Alberta right now, there is a province-wide fire ban, so not many fires will happen while camping but fun can still be had! We got some glorious rain last night and supposed to continue today - so I'm celebrating that my garden is in and I can sit and craft all day! Yay!

Are you ready for a color challenge to get your MOJO flowin' again? Megan over at Picture Perfect Creations has issued a gorgeous one...in my opinion anyways! :) This card is another Mother's Day card that I did up last month when I was working ahead on all my design team work....I decided to emboss the stamped image to give it that extra special touch...

Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Teeny Tiny Wishes; Paper: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Marina Mist, Old Olive DSP; Ink: Early Espresso; Accessories: markers, perfect dots and lattice EF, scallop punch, oval scallop punch, olive ribbon, scallop trim border punch, pearls, dimensionals

Please check out the rest of the PPC Design Team to see more yummy creations using this color combination...their links are on the right. Take care and see you shortly for another SPCC color challenge....

8 comments:

  1. I love that colour combo. And will try my hand at it later on today. And I love your card too, awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lori,
    Great card, I love the blossom embossed and the clean lines! Happy Victoria Day! I am spending the day painting and spring cleaning!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, love that stamp and the embossing, very nicely done. Cool card! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy card Lori! Love the textures wit hthe punches. Rocked the color combo and the layout of your card is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous card Lori!! Love your embossed main image!! Love the added texture it brings! Fabulous for Mother's Day.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, I love everything about your card! Love the dual embossing. So very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, I love the embossing it's so pretty, really makes that image pop. These colors were fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card - I love the pearl accents on the scallop edge border. They really do play off the embossed background. Love the contrasting embossed panels as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate each and every one - they make my day! :)